The End of the Affair
Character: Sarah Miles
Directed by: Neil Jordan
Written by: Neil Jordan
Produced by: Neil Jordan, Stephen Woolley
Cast Members: Ralph Fiennes, Stephen Rea, Jason Isaacs
Released date: January 21, 2000
Genre: Drama, Romance
Duration: 1h 42min
In the years following World War II, writer Maurice Bendrix has an unexpected run-in with Henry Miles and his wife, Sarah, with whom he once shared a passionate affair. Henry, who never knew, confides in Maurice that he suspects Sarah of adultery, leading to the hiring of a detective to follow her. As Sarah never explained why she called off their affair, Maurice follows the investigation closely, his feelings for her reawakened.
→ The end was just the beginning.
• Love doesn’t end, just because we don’t see each other.
• People go on loving God, don’t they? All their lives. Without seeing him.
• Tell Him I’m sorry. I’m too human. Too weak. Tell Him I can’t keep my promises. I’m tired of being without you.
• You see I never stopped loving you, even though I couldn’t see you.
• I’ve only made two promises in my life. One was to marry Henry, the other is to stop seeing you. And I’m too weak to keep either.
• I had tempted fate, and fate had accepted.
• If only you knew how little you had to revenge.